Here is a collection of links useful to OpenGL developers, both beginner and expert, most of them relevant whether you are using GLFW or not. While we do try to keep the links up to date, some may have gone stale.
If you find stale links below, please contact us.
- Learning Modern 3D Graphics Programming - A modern 3D graphics tutorial based on OpenGL 3.3
- http://wiki.mechcore.net/ - A wiki with much useful information on using OpenGL
- opengl-tutorial.org - Tutorials for OpenGL 3.3 and above
- open.gl - A modern OpenGL tutorial
- Lighthouse 3D - OpenGL and rendering tutorials, including the OpenGL Shading Language
- Clockworkcoders Tutorials - Tutorials on using the OpenGL Shading Language
- TyphoonLabs Tutorials - Another set of tutorials on using the OpenGL Shading Language
Alternatives to GLFW
No library can be perfect for everyone, and GLFW is no exception. Here are a few alternatives known to be stable:
- freeglut - A completely Open Source alternative to the OpenGL Utility Toolkit (GLUT) library with an optionally open event loop
- Simple DirectMedia Layer - A cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video framebuffer
- Simple and Fast Multimedia Library - A free multimedia C++ API that provides you low and high level access to graphics, input, audio, etc.
There is also a list of alternatives to GLFW (actually alternatives to GLUT) maintained on OpenGL.org.